Research Scientist in Health Intelligence
Herston QLD or Parkville VICClosing date: 18th November 2018
CSIRO Health & Biosecurity is seeking to appoint a Research Scientist in Health Intelligence. This position represents an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated scientist to join the Health Systems Analytics group either in Melbourne or Brisbane.
In this position you will contribute to multiple projects in the area of Health System Analytics and apply skills such as statistical modelling, machine learning, simulation, and optimisation towards improving productivity and efficiency, informing treatment effectiveness, predictive modelling and risk stratification, workforce planning and implementation evaluation of new care models
Your duties will include:
- Incorporate innovative approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Health data analytics and modelling to support evidence-based healthcare, and improved productivity, safety and quality.
- Develop quantitative methodology and/or adapt existing methods in novel and creative ways to meet the group's research objectives.
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate in a relevant discipline area, such as statistics, applied mathematics, machine learning, data science, operations research, computer science, or engineering.
- A strong track record in solving real world scientific problems, conducting trials and evaluations of interventions.
- Ability to develop new methods to solve applied statistical/health data analytics/health system problems.
For more information and to apply click https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Negotiable-Research-Scientist-in-Health-Intelligence/514968200/.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**