Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Mathematics
The University of Adelaide
School of Mathematical SciencesClosing date: 24th April 2020
The School of Mathematical Sciences is seeking an outstanding individual for a fixed term position as a lecturer in mathematics. The successful candidate will lead the development and delivery of coursework in mathematics and data analytics to technology students and will contribute to the research effort of the School.
The School is responsible for teaching mathematics programs from the Bachelor to PhD level with specialisations in pure mathematics, applied mathematics and statistics, as well as providing high quality service teaching into other degree programs. It provides an active and vibrant research environment and is internationally known for its research across all three of its disciplines. The School is expanding its teaching operations to the new Bachelor of Technology programs offered by the Faculty of Engineering Computer and Mathematical Sciences. Candidates with experience in engineering applications, an ability to communicate with students at all levels and an interest in modern pedagogy are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be successful at Lecturer Level B you will need:
- A PhD, or equivalent, in an area of mathematics or statistics or a related field.
- A record of research achievements, as evidenced by publishing, attracting externally funded research grants and holding a research program in an area of mathematics and statistics.
- An interest in the application of mathematics and statistics to solving real-world problems in engineering, technology and related fields.
- An ability to teach effectively at all levels, including lecturing large classes, using modern pedagogy plus an ability to supervise and motivate undergraduate and postgraduate students including encouraging intellectual development and career aspirations.
- High quality interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and engage with industry, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
In addition to the above, to be successful at Senior Lecturer Level C you will need:
- Experience in the application of mathematics and statistics to solving real-world problems in engineering, technology and related fields.
- Demonstrated experience teaching effectively at all levels, including lecturing large classes, using modern pedagogy.
- Leadership experience and experience in engagement with industry.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting a research team by contributing to the mentoring of higher degree by research and/or Honours students.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
For more information and to apply, click here.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**