Post-Doctoral Associate in Mathematics (Pierre Youssef)
New York University Abu Dhabi
Division of ScienceClosing date: 15th March 2020
The Division of Science at New York University Abu Dhabi is looking to recruit several postdoctoral associates, starting September 1, 2020 to work under the supervision of Prof. Pierre Youssef on subjects including (in no particular order):
- Concentration and functional inequalities.
- Mixing times of Markov chains.
- Random matrix theory and spectrum of random graphs.
- High dimensional convex geometry.
- Mathematical aspects of machine learning (deep learning, feature selection, bias and fairness modeling, etc.)
- While excellent candidates with other research interest may be considered, a priority will be given to those able to relate to one or several of the above topics.
The Postdoctoral Associates will be appointed for a duration of two years. Applicants must hold a PhD degree in Mathematics, statistics or theoretical computer science. We seek candidates with an outstanding academic record.
The terms of employment are generous and internationally very competitive and include housing and educational subsidies for children.
For more information and to apply, click here.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**