Research Fellow - Decision Analytics
The School of Information TechnologyClosing date: 30th June 2019
The School of Information Technology at Deakin delivers courses in information technology, computer science, data analytics, cyber security and software engineering to provide our graduates with a sound platform for the diverse employment opportunities that will exist in the future.
You will work in a close knit research team of highly skilled professionals as well as making a contribution to high quality fundamental and applicational research.
This opportunity will be offered at the School of IT at the Melbourne Burwood campus. Appointment will be at the academic level A or B level with salary in the range of $89,563-$115,199 p.a + 17% super.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- a PhD in in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related field
- solid analytical and computational skills
- expertise in some of the following areas: Decision Theory, Bayesian Network, Fuzzy Logic, Game Theory, Multi-objective Optimisation, Simulation
- familiar with statistical packages such as R
- strong programming skills in at least one of C++, Java, and Python
- an interest in defence application
- demonstrated organisational skills including the ability to demonstrate scientific rigour and maintain a high stand of laboratory and data record keeping
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- an emerging reputation in research and scholarship, relative to opportunity, through publication or exhibition in quality outlets
- contributing to their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity
- contributing to research projects and collaborations to create new insights and opportunities
- contributing to research collaborations and industry partnerships which have demonstrable outcomes
- contributing to successful development of research programs or partnerships
- supervising or examining honours students, or making a contribution to the supervision, management and timely completion of HDR students
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly, supportive and challenging working environment. Our staff are committed to making a genuine difference to people’s lives through excellence in education and research.
We acknowledge the importance of providing a dynamic and diverse working environment and offer variety in day-to-day roles as well as professional development opportunities to assist staff to grow and progress their careers.
Deakin University staff have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and professional backgrounds, all of whom share a common interest in lifelong learning.
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Some of Deakin’s workplace benefits include:
- 17% superannuation
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts with third party suppliers for health insurance, car rentals IT and more
For more information and to apply, click here.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**