Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built EnvironmentPosted on: Fri May 17 2019
This position is sponsored by ARC (DP180100602: An optimisation-based framework for non- classical Chebyshev approximation).
The Research Fellow, Mathematics will be responsible for researching and publishing in the area of optimisation and approximation theory. You will work closely with a research team, including in the supervision of postgraduate students, on a project to develop theoretical results on best Chebyshev approximation conditions and algorithms based on these conditions, funded by the ARC. You will apply convex and nonconvex analysis, algebraic geometrical methods and functional analysis to advance the knowledge in this area.
Research Only Level B
Level B members of staff typically perform these duties at the following levels: Research and Scholarship
- An emerging reputation in research and scholarship, relative to opportunity, through publication or exhibition in quality outlets
- Contributing to their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity
- Contributing to research projects and collaborations to create new insights and opportunities
- Contributing to research collaborations and industry partnerships which have demonstrable outcomes
- Contributing to successful development of research programs or partnerships
- Supervising or examining honours students, or making a contribution to the supervision, management and timely completion of HDR students
- Contributing to a culture of research excellence in the University
- Contributing to the successful application of scholarly and research expertise to innovation and invention, with appropriate involvement in the commercialisation of outcomes
To apply, please contactDr. Julien Ugon (Julien.email@example.com) or Dr. Nadezda Sukhorukova (firstname.lastname@example.org)
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**