MATRIX | Mathematical Research Institute - Upcoming Programs and Submission Deadline
30 Sep 2016
MATRIX has a full year ahead in 2017 with several new programs approved already for 2018. All upcoming programs are listed below.
Call for Program Proposals
- MATRIX submission deadlines for program proposals will be in October and April each year.
- The next deadline is Monday 23rd October, 2016 for full program proposals in 2017 and 2018.
- MATRIX also accepts one-page Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for 2018 and beyond at any time.
- Program proposals and EOIs can be submitted here.
MATRIX Research Outreach Program
- 23–28 November 2016; Doing Maths Like a Mathematician
The joint ACEMS/MATRIX Research Outreach program, "Facilitating people to do mathematics like a mathematician," will bring together secondary school maths teachers to learn how research mathematicians use previously learned facts and know-how to solve problems — problems that researchers initially have no idea how to solve.
MATRIX announces MATRIX Minors!
MATRIX Minor programs are self-funded visits to MATRIX to make use of the available office space and facilities at Creswick outside program times, for example to work intensively in a small group. Such visits are subject to the approval of MATRIX but can be arranged by sending an email request which briefly outlines the proposed research and timings.
MATRIX@Melbourne | Mathematical Research Institute
Current and Upcoming Programs in 2016:
- Interactions between topological recursion, modularity, quantum invariants and low-dimensional topology
28 Nov.– 23 Dec. 2016
Upcoming Programs in 2017:
- Hypergeometric motives and Calabi Yau differential equations
8–28 January 2017
- Integrability in Low-Dimensional Quantum Systems
- Elliptic Partial Differential Equations of Second Order: Celebrating 40 Years of Gilbarg and Trudinger’s Book
- Combinatorics, Statistical Mechanics and Conformal Field Theory
29 Oct.– 18 Nov. 2017
- Mathematics of Risk
20 Nov.– 8 Dec. 2017
- Tutte Centenary Retreat 26 Nov.– 2 Dec. 2017
- Geometric R-matrices 17–22 December 2017
Upcoming Programs in 2018:
- Non-equilibrium systems and special functions
- Agent-Based Spatio-Temporal Stochastic Systems in Biology
15–20 July 2018
- Geometric and Categorical Representation Theory
TBD (Nov/Dec 2018)