Fees for Membership, 2015
The following prices are in Australian dollars.
(Membership fee does not attract GST.)
Online renewals are now available.
|Membership class||AustMS subs||ANZIAM subs|
|Early Career member*||$67||$30|
|Reduced rate member||$34||$15|
- *Early Career Researchers (ECRs) have reduced membership fees for the Society at 50% of the ordinary membership rate, for up to five years after award of their PhD.
- Free membership of the Society is available to an undergraduate student of mathematics enrolled at an Australian institution. Such membership shall be available for 4 years of study, subject to annual confirmation of eligibility by the student.
- Free membership of the Society is available to any honours or graduate student in mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics or mathematical finance, enrolled at an Australian institution. Students who have been undergraduate members are eligible for such membership, which shall be available for 6 years of study, subject to annual confirmation of eligibility by the student.
- Existing Ordinary Members who renew their subscriptions before 1st January 2015 are entitled to a rebate of $5.00, which should be deducted from their payments.
- All new Ordinary members are entitled to pay their first year's subscription at the concessional rate of $67 (no rebate for early payment).
- The optional subscription fee for ANZIAM is additional to the Society subscription.
- The education membership is reserved for members of either AAMT or MERGA.
- Life Membership at Retirement is available for Members over 55 years for $680.
- Members over 70 with at least 30 years of membership: free.
- The subscription for Institutional Members is $1714.
- The small annual increases in membership fees are in line with inflation.
Fees for Accreditation, 2014
The following fee, as a multiple of the ‘annual subscription for Ordinary Membership’ (asOM), must accompany each application for accreditation.
Apart from the usual annual subscription fees, there are no ongoing charges for accredited members.
(Accreditation fee does not attract GST.)
| Accreditation type||Cost|
|Graduate Member||1 × asOM|
|Accredited Member||1.5 × asOM|
|Fellow||2 × asOM|
These fees are payable once only. Upgrading, from Graduate Member to Accredited Member, or from Accredited Member to Fellow shall each attract a fee equal to half the annual subscription for Ordinary Membership.