PhD scholarship (with top-up)
University of South Australia and MyBudget
School of Information Technology and Mathematical SciencesClosing date: 31st October 2016
Personalised financial healthcare: using machine learning to automate personal budgeting and inform financial decision making.
Create the Future of Smart Money with a PhD Scholarship.
MyBudget was founded to assist people manage their finances and achieve their financial goals. We live in the age of technological revolution, yet we are no better informed about our financial position and health. Our work aims to change this - we are re-inventing your relationship with money. A PhD scholarship with MyBudget offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization and enhance your career prospects.
The PhD scholarship, aligned with the research theme 'Transforming Industries', is co-funded by MyBudget and the University of South Australia in the area of machine learning applied to personal budgeting.
- Gain invaluable career experience.
- Assist in developing novel automated software that learns from data to quantify the "financial health" of clients.
- The position is primarily located in the Computational Learning Systems Laboratory within the University of South Australia.
- Be advised by supervisors in the University's Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Advanced Computing Research Centre, and Institute for Choice.
- Collaborate with research institutions around the world.
- Opportunity to spend time overseas.
- Work with the MyBudget product and engineering team to create meaningful impact to the business.
- Scholarship may lead to employment with MyBudget in the future.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens/permanent residents.
- Have either a Masters Degree or an Honours Degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Physics or .
The value of the scholarship is $31,288 (tax free) per annum, for three years (APA rate plus $5000 p.a. MyBudget top-up).
For further information visit ctnl.unisa.edu.au or email any of
A/Prof. Mark McDonnell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Belinda Chiera: email@example.com
Prof. Joffre Swait: Joffre.Swait@unisa.edu.au
Closing date for applications is 31 October 2016, but please enquire by email by 25 October 2016.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**