The Bureau of Meteorology
MelbourneClosing date: 15th May 2014
- 10 month training program to become a weather forecaster
- Obtain an accredited Graduate Diploma in Meteorology
- Build a rewarding career with excellent career progression
Our Graduate Meteorology program comprises a 10 month specialised training program conducted in Melbourne.
Our meteorology training course is highly regarded and is equivalent to one academic year and is of a similar standard to the honours year of a Bachelor degree. The course has a strong emphasis on practical meteorology and covers:
- synoptic, dynamic & physical meteorology
- satellite & radar data interpretation
- numerical weather prediction, and
- the use of modern technology.
At the end of your training, you will be awarded the nationally accredited Graduate Diploma in Meteorology and after training, transfer to one of our Forecasting Centres located in capital cities across Australia to work as a weather forecaster in a forecast team.
You could even end up specialising in some fascinating fields such as severe weather, tropical meteorology, thunderstorms, aviation and climatology to name a few.
Look forward to a salary of $53,372 whilst training, an advance in salary when you successfully complete your training, and comprehensive relocation assistance if you need to relocate for training or to transfer to your posting location.
We offer competitive working conditions, support and a great team people who love what they do.
Don't miss this chance to join the Bureau and make the most of your career. Successful applicants will need to be available to commence the Graduate Meteorology program in Melbourne in January 2015
What we offer:
- 10 month accredited graduate diploma in meteorology
- Dynamic and challenging learning environment
- Use of advanced technologies and innovative techniques in weather forecasting
- Clear career pathway with excellent promotional opportunities
- National network of offices and relocation opportunities
- Competitive salaries and conditions of employment
- A generous employer contributed superannuation scheme
- Relocation benefits and assistance for interstate applicants
- Salary advancement upon completion of training
What we are looking for:
- Graduates with relevant tertiary studies in atmospheric science, physical science or mathematics
- Motivated individuals with a passion for meteorology
- Flexible attitude, a willingness to relocate and undertake shift work
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency
To apply, click here
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**