Science Developers x2 positions available
The Bureau of Meteorology
Docklands, MelbourneClosing date: 6th August 2015
- Executive Level 1 (SPOC) OR BOM Broadband 3, APS Levels 6 Ð Executive Level 1 (Research Scientist)
- $76,025 - $86,438 per annum, plus an additional 15.4% superannuation
- NON ONGOING (SPECIFIED TASK), Up to 3 years, Docklands, Melbourne
The Bureau of Meteorology is Australia's national weather, climate and water agency. Its expertise and services assist Australians in dealing with the harsh realities of their natural environment, including droughts, floods, fires, storms, tsunami and tropical cyclones. Through regular forecasts, warnings, monitoring and advice spanning the Australian region and Antarctic territory, the Bureau provides one of the fundamental and most widely used services of government.
The Bureau contributes to national social, economic, cultural and environmental goals by providing observational, meteorological, hydrological and oceanographic services and by undertaking research into science and environment related issues in support of its operations and services.
The Earth Systems Modelling Research Program within the Research and Development Branch at the Bureau of Meteorology takes the lead on the development of a number of Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) systems, in support of Bureau of Meteorology forecasts and applications. The program is seeking x2 Science Developers to support the development of two of these systems in particular: Tropical Cyclone Numerical Modelling and High Resolution Ensemble Modelling.
To be successful you will:
- Have experience in physical, numerical modelling of the atmosphere;
- Have experience in assessing the quality of numerical guidance;
- Have knowledge of high performance computing technology applicable to meteorological systems;
- Undertake high-level investigations and assessments under broad direction;
- Understand the importance of transitioning projects to Operational handover;
- Have well-developed liaison, communication and documentation skills
For more information, and to apply, click here.
Please read the selection documentation and if you have any queries please contact
Dr Gary Dietachmayer, (03) 9669 4749 and email@example.com. This position is being advertised as a dual classification at the EL1 (SPOC) or EL2 (SPOB) level, with the level of appointment to be determined by the qualities of the successful applicant.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**