The Portland House Group
Melbourne CBDPosted on: Mon May 30 2016
The Portland House Group is one of Australia’s largest Private Funds Management Groups which operates on a collegial culture with an open flow of ideas.
This is exciting and rewarding full time senior role in our expanding international finance markets research team. The successful candidate will undertake research into the detection and exploitation of patterns within financial data, and the behaviour of financial markets including their underlying dynamics.
Senior Research Scientist (covering one or more of the following areas):
- Process and perform statistical analysis on large data sets
- Discover hidden information and repeatable anomalies in data
- Develop advanced predictive models, validation and implementation
- Prototype research ideas/testing models and algorithms
- Develop advanced optimization technologies
- Post-graduate degree in Computer Science/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Econometrics or a closely related field with strong academic record is essential
- Sound knowledge and past research experience in any field of complex systems, statistical physics, time series analysis (filtering and forecasting), pattern recognition, machine learning, numerical analysis or related would be highly regarded.
- Real-world experience in handling large, noisy and non-stationary data.
- Strong programming skills – preferably Java, Python, R or C++
- Critical thinker and problem solver with enthusiasm, imagination and the capacity. to analyse incredibly complex and large data sets.
- Disciplined research with attention to details.
- Good communication skills and excellent teamwork.
- Candidates without a PhD but with at least 2 years hands on experience in Equities Portfolio Multi-Factor Optimisation should also apply.
The work environment is friendly and informal. Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Candidates are requested not to phone our office but to email their applications include a cover letter, resume and academic qualifications to Judy Young at firstname.lastname@example.org and be assured that all applications will be acknowledged electronically and treated in strictest confidence.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**