Senior/Junior Commercial Portfolio Analyst - Contract Until Oct 2015
The Bank of Queensland
Posted on: Sun Jul 2015
BOQ is one of Australia's most dynamic and innovative financial institutions. One of Australia's top 100 listed companies, BOQ is a retail bank offering a network of more than 260 branches across Australia, almost 200 of which are operated under a unique Owner-Manager Model, an insurance group and a National Finance division.
The purpose of this role is to develop and maintain the reporting and monitoring of the Bank's commercial loan portfolio and deepen the understanding of trends and causation of movements. This includes the maintenance and continual development of the commercial reporting suite that covers the asset quality, exposure trends, concentration risks, customer rating migrations, arrears and impaired assets and provisioning levels. The role works closely with the SAS Analytical suite in order to mine the Bank's data warehouse and the incumbent will therefore need to become proficient at SAS. The incumbent will be a self-starter, be willing and able to communicate with, and advise, senior stakeholders of the impacts on the business.
This role will be offered on a contract basis until October 2015.
Development, maintain and implement an automated commercial loan portfolio reporting pack that covers the key commercial portfolio trends such as:
- Credit rating migrations
- Concentration risk
- Asset quality
- Provision levels
- Exposure trends at the portfolio, business unit and product levels.
- Identify key Risk trends occurring in the Commercial Portfolio and their causes
- Assist users in their understanding of the reporting through adhoc and deep-dive analysis
Data Quality and Governance
- Contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of the Credit Risk Data Mart
- Identify any data quality issues and work through the resolutions
- Develop Data Quality and cleansing approach to improving the foundation data used by the Credit Risk Data Mart
- Assist in the governance of risk-related business rules used across the bank and regulatory institutions
- Prior experience in a management reporting role is highly desirable
- Prior experience working within a Banking environment is highly desirable
- Prior experience in numerical roles is highly desirable
- Analytical evaluation experience is highly desirable
- SAS experience is highly desirable
- Data extraction experience is desirable
- Advanced skills using Word, Excel, Project, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial and statistical data and present it in a logical manner
- Highly analytical thinking and can apply that into real-world solutions
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Engineering, Physics, Commerce or Mathematics required
For more information contact Burton Wu (email@example.com).
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**