Closing date: 30th January 2014
Insureware is a growing company with an impressive client list that spans the globe. We market and support the most sophisticated and innovative statistical software used in general insurance. To ensure our industry lead, we need to be continually extending the range of our software, based on our internal research and development.
We are looking for an energetic person to join our world-class team of statisticians and programmers. With us, you will be at the forefront of exciting developments extending and supporting the range of statistical techniques that we offer to actuaries in insurance companies world-wide. This appointment will involve international travel to provide training sessions to our clients and attend conferences.
We are prepared to pay top $ for the best. Salary negotiable based on credentials, academic record and experience. Note that you must be already authorized to work in Australia.
- A Ph.D with a strong component of applied statistics, particularly statistical computing, and a top class academic record.,
- Leadership experience in managing projects.
- Mature statistical skills to contribute to product development including improving understanding of our client's analytical needs and designing creative and original solutions to these problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills enable you to explain complicated statistical concepts simply and clearly to non-statisticians (actuaries in training sessions and/or senior managers in a board room environment).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, meticulous attention to detail.
- Considerable experience using computing packages like R, Matlab or SAS. Knowledge of VBA is also an advantage.
- Statistical experience in Computational Statistics, GLM modelling, and Time Series Analysis.
Knowledge of Kalman Filter type algorithms or a background in general insurance will be an advantage. There will be opportunities to grow with the company as we expand into new areas.
Send your resume to:
Insureware Pty Ltd,
40-44 St Kilda Road,
St Kilda Vic 3182,
by fax to (03) 9533 6033
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**