Postdoctoral Research Fellow: geometric group theory/theoretical computer science
The University of Newcastle
School of Mathematical and Physical SciencesClosing date: 17th January 2016
You will be working as part of an international team led by Associate Professor Murray Elder as part of the ARC 2016 Discovery Project "The language complexity of problems in algebra and logic".
Benefits include a salary of AUD79,541 per annum plus an employer superannuation contribution of 9.5%.
- PhD in mathematics or theoretical computer science.
- Expertise in one or more of the areas of formal language theory, first order theory of groups, equational theory of groups, geometric group theory, theoretical computer science.
- Demonstrated ability to write research articles for publication.
- Skills in written and verbal communication.
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of, and experience in adhering to workplace policies and procedures in the areas of work health safety, equity, diversity and promoting a respectful workplace culture.
To apply, click here. Direct any questions to A/Prof Murray Elder by email at Murray.Elder@newcastle.edu.au
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**