Research Fellow in Representation Theory
The University of Sydney
School of Mathematics and StatisticsClosing date: 11th December 2015
- Level B, Full time, fixed-term for 2.5 years (30 months)
- Join a research group of international reputation and contribute to developing and presenting new and innovative ideas
- Full time Fixed term for 2.5 years (30 months), remuneration $114k p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super)
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7500 permanent staff, supporting over 52,000 students.
The School of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Sydney is a leading centre for mathematical research and education in Australia. The School attracts outstanding undergraduate students including many talented students. It has a large cohort of postgraduate research students and many overseas visitors and offers a diverse and world class research environment.
We currently seek a Research Fellow to conduct research on the Australian Research Council Discovery Project “The dimension problem for Hecke algebras” led by Professor Andrew Mathas.
In this role the candidate will be:
- publishing scholarly papers in international peer-reviewed journals and presenting at conferences
- supervising Honours students and postgraduate students
- developing and presenting new and innovative ideas
- writing and contributing to grant submissions.
To qualify for this position, the candidate will need to demonstrate:
- PhD in mathematics
- experience in conducting research and representation theory
- ability to conduct research either independently or as part of a research team
- ability to supervise Honours students and postgraduate students
- good organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- good written and verbal communication skills
- published papers as sole author or in collaboration in international refereed mathematical journals
- experience in research record keeping, preparation of research papers and seminars
- expertise in representation theory and algebraic combinatorics, in particular, with the representation theory of the quiver Hecke algebras constructed by Khovanov-Lauda and Rouquier.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you address the online selection criteria. For guidance on how to apply visit: How to apply for an advertised position.
General enquiries can be directed to Dan Kuhner on 02 8627 0934 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, click here
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**