Postdoctoral Research Associate/Research Fellow
The University of Sydney
School of Mathematics and StatisticsClosing date: 4th January 2015
- Engage in research and scholarly activities in Lie and Representation Theory
- Full time, fixed-term for 2 years
- Remuneration package: $77K - 131Kp.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
We currently seek Research Associate/Postdoctoral Research Associate/Research Fellow to conduct research on ARC Discovery Project "Super Duality and Deformations in the Representation Theory of Lie Superalgebras".
In this role you will be:
- publishing articles in international peer-reviewed journals and presenting at conferences
- supervising Honours students
- developing and presenting new and innovative ideas (at level B)
- writing and contributing to grant submissions (at level B).
To qualify for this position, you will need to demonstrate:
- PhD in mathematics
- experience in conducting research in Lie theory or representation theory
- ability to conduct research either independently or as part of a research team
- ability to supervise students at Honours level
- good organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- good written and verbal communication skills
- published papers as sole author or in collaboration in international refereed journals in Lie theory or representation theory
- experience in research record keeping, preparation of research papers and seminars
- expertise in invariant theory, quantum groups and braided tensor categories (desirable at level A)
- expertise in geometric representation theory, algebraic geometry, invariant theory, braided tensor categories, and representations of diagram algebras such as the Brauer and BMW algebras (desirable at level B).
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**