Senior Research Analyst
The University of Sydney
The University of Sydney Business School
Closing date: 1st April 2014
Institute of Transport and Logistic Studies
- Utilise your strong analytical and applied statistical skills
- Full time, fixed term until December 2017, located in the CBD
- Attractive remuneration package: $95,168 p.a. which includes base salary $80,418 p.a., leave loading and up to 17% super
The University of Sydney Business School has a global reputation for diversity and excellence in teaching, learning and research. The Business School is one of the largest on campus, with over 6000 students enrolled in its academic programs. The exemplary educational experience provided to its students is matched by a strong commitment to high standards of student administration and service.
The Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies (ITLS) is Australia’s Key Centre of Excellence in Transport and Logistics Research and Education. ITLS undertakes graduate teaching, management development programs, grant and contract research, and development in the fields of transport and logistics studies.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Research Analyst to undertake scholarly research in the field of transportation both independently and in conjunction with academic staff, with particular focus on the links between public transport planning and provision and public transport management.
Reporting to the Chair in Public Transport you will:
- effectively capture and manage data to facilitate accurate research project outcomes
- provide timely and effective operational research support to the project to achieve high quality research objectives
- continuously develop and manage successful working relationships with key stakeholders as a way of promoting project objectives and initiatives
- supervise a research analyst to fulfil specific tasks to ensure timely completion
- work with the Chair in Public Transport to assist with other support tasks required for the research team and for presenting and developing a profile in post-experience teaching in the public transport arena.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a minimum of a Masters by Research degree in transportation, psychology, geography or applied mathematics/computer science focus and/or subsequent extensive relevant experience
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- ability to: communicate effectively with support group coordinators, members and research team members; display initiative; prioritise workload; and cope with pressure and deadlines in a complex work environment
- demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as a team member to achieve objectives
- excellent attention to detail and ability to draft complex documents
- evidence of skills in the development, testing and evaluation of project methodology and activities
- experience or knowledge or willingness to learn how to use geospatial software (with suitable training)
- advanced analytical skills including problem solving and analysis skills with the ability to use statistical software to undertake appropriate analysis
- a passion for public transport.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a world-class business school.
General enquiries can be directed to Niki Tsigros at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply.
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups and women are encouraged. The University of Sydney has also established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**