Postdoctoral Research Associate in Operator Algebras
The University of Sydney
The School of Mathematics and StatisticsClosing date: 27th August 2017
We currently seek a Postdoctoral Research Associate position in Operator Algebras. The Australian Research Council has funded a research program into "From actions to operator algebras and their equilibrium states", through its Discovery Grant scheme, with the Chief Investigators Professor Jacqui Ramagge and Dr Nathan Brownlowe, of The University of Sydney.
In this role the candidate will:
- undertake research in the area of operator algebra, specific topics include:
- C*-algebras associated to semigroups and group actions
- KMS states on C*-algebras built from semigroups and group actions
- Self-similar actions and automata
- participate in all aspects of the project, as well as presenting research results at seminars and conferences
- be part of the research team
- write scholarly papers for publication in academic journals.
To qualify for this position, the candidate will need to demonstrate:
- A PhD in mathematics
- A publication record in operator algebras
- An ability to carry out high quality research in the area of operator algebras.
- Creativity, productivity and high level of initiative.
- A high level of interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Good organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work independently
The position is full-time fixed-term for two years subject to completion of a satisfactory probation and confirmation period for new appointees. Visa sponsorship and some assistance towards travelling cost may be available if required.
For more information and to apply, click here here.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**