Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Mathematics
School of Computer Science, Engineering and MathematicsClosing date: 13th February 2017
The School of Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics (CSEM) is a dynamic and growing School. It is one of four Academic Organisational Units in the Faculty of Science and Engineering focussing on best practice teaching, research, research training and consulting. The School is academically split into six disciplines:
- Biomedical Engineering (BME)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Information Technology and Software Engineering (ITSE)
- Mathematics and Statistics (MS) and
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
The School hosts one of the University’s strategic research institutes in the Medical Device Research Institute and has strong research activities in other areas including in the Flinders Mathematical Science Laboratory (FMSL).
FMSL houses five focused research concentrations that reflect our areas of existing and growing research strengths. Each of these areas has a recognised research leader and increasing research outputs. While the majority of contributing researchers are from CSEM some come from other Flinders research units. The areas of strength are:
- Biomedical Mathematics
- Continuum Modelling and Environmental Applications
- Discrete Mathematics, Optimisation and Operations Research
- Statistics and Stochastic Modelling
- Develop, teach, and coordinate topics in the School of Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics, particularly in the area of Mathematics
- Contribute to the School’s research program
- Conduct research and publish quality scholarly papers
- Seek to attract external research funding including ARC Linkage and Discovery grants
- Participate on committees at School, Faculty and University level
- Promote the University in the wider community
- Develop and maintain external links of benefit to the University
- Participate in relevant professional activities
- Undertake other duties as prescribed by the Dean of the School of Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Supervise undergraduate students, honours students and higher degree students.
ADDITIONAL KEY REPSONSIBILITIES FOR LEVEL E
- Provide leadership in research and teaching within the discipline of mathematics and the School of Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics.
For more information and to apply, search for position 17010.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**