Lecturer/Senior Lecturer - Mathematics
The University of Western Australia
School of Mathematics and StatisticsClosing date: 7th February 2017
- Tenurable appointment
- Salary range: Level B $96,210 - $114,250 or Level C $117,857 - $135,900 p.a.
- Plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
We are seeking a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer with an outstanding research track record in the field of Applied Mathematics to join the School of Mathematics and Statistics, within the Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics, on a tenurable appointment.
The successful candidate will conduct high quality and high impact research that contributes to the Faculty's initiative in Engineering for Remote Operations (ERO) with focus and strength in Applied Mathematics and in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics.
The appointee will be expected to build a strong, internationally recognized research program contributing to the existing research groups within the School and the Faculty. The School plays host to a Faculty research focus on Theoretical Analysis of complex systems; on fundamentals of non-equilibrium, nonlinear, multi-scale and statistically unsteady dynamics of fluids, plasmas, materials; on Complex Data Modelling; and on Complex Engineering Systems with the CSIRO-UWA Chair. The research strengths of the successful applicant will contribute to these areas.
Displaying genuine passion and enthusiasm for scholarship, the successful candidate will foster academic leadership. Also you will coordinate undergraduate and postgraduate teaching to produce graduates who are technically highly skilled, cognisant of the environment in which they work and aware of financial, social and environment challenges; graduates ready to change the world.
As a world top 100 University we have the infrastructure, resources and industry connections required to provide extensive opportunities to produce collaborative world class research.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in Applied Mathematics or a closely related field
- Teaching and learning expertise in the discipline of mathematics
- Track record in course development, engaging active learning techniques, and successful student evaluation (relative to opportunity)
- Ability to develop courses with content integrating various aspects of applied mathematics and including, for instance, components of advanced methods of theoretical analysis, numerical modelling and data analysis
- Research expertise in an area complementary to the Faculty's initiative in Engineering for Remote Operations and Applied Mathematics, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
- Track record in academic peer-reviewed publications in international journals and grant writing success (both relative to opportunity)
- Experience in research collaboration between academia and industry will be considered favourably
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
This position is open to international applicants.
Benefits include generous superannuation, leave provisions and a relocation allowance (if applicable). These and other benefits will be specified in the offer of employment.
Applicants with teaching experience are requested to submit a teaching portfolio as part of their application.
For more information and to apply, click here.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**