Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Statistics
The University of Tasmania
Closing date: 31st January 2017
Mathematics at the University of Tasmania is internationally recognised for research in Biological Mathematics (with experts in mathematical phylogenetics) and Engineering Mathematics (with experts in fluid dynamics). The discipline achieved a 4 ranking in the 2015 ERA review
The School seeks a highly motivated academic to contribute to both teaching and research in Statistics as part of the wider mathematics discipline.
In the role you will:
- Make a sound and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities, for Level C or B (as appropriate).
- Undertake high-quality research of national and increasingly of international standing, secure external competitive and other funding, publish research findings and contribute to the successful supervision of research higher degree students, in order to meet and regularly exceed the University’s research performance expectations for Level C or Level B (as appropriate)
- Undertake scholarly teaching in statistics and assist to revitalise the higher level curriculum. Specifically, the design and delivery of lectures, tutorials and laboratories as allocated by the Head of Discipline in consultation with of the Head of School ; coordination of the delivery and development of appropriate teaching materials for undergraduate and honours level units to meet expectations for Level C or Level B (as appropriate)
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally within the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community
- Increasingly provide academic leadership, particularly in fostering outstanding research and/or learning and teaching (LEVEL C)
You will be employed on a full-time, fixed-term basis for 3 years.
To be considered, you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in statistics.
- Experience, enthusiasm and demonstrated achievement in University-level teaching and learning (Level C or Level B as appropriate) and experience with flexible modes of delivery beneficial
- A strong or good record and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved national and preferably international recognition and made notable contributions to the understanding of statistics, demonstrated by a record of high quality/quality publications, presentations at conferences and preferably success in securing external competitive and other funding (Level C or B as appropriate)
- A record of good contributions to successful research higher degree supervision and completions
- A record of contributing to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally within the discipline and wider community and work effectively and co-operatively within a team.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $125486 comprising base salary within the range of $90,962 to $107,253 plus 17% superannuation or at Academic Level C with a total remuneration package of up to $148178 comprising base salary within the range of $110,526 to $126,648 plus 17% superannuation
For further information about this position please contact Assoc Professor Barbara Holland, Associate Professor in Mathematics, Barbara.Holland@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 1990.
For more information, search for the position here.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**