Scholarly Teaching Fellow
Department of MathematicsClosing date: 27th January 2017
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our Faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering offers a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in some of today's most topical subject areas which impact our world and its people. Our research is innovative and cutting edge and our Faculty is home to a number of internationally recognised research centres.
The Faculty is currently seeking a suitably qualified candidate for a full time Scholarly Teaching Fellow in the Department of Mathematics.
Reporting to the Head of Department, the Scholarly Teaching Fellow will contribute to the Department through teaching and scholarship and contribute to the enhancement of student learning. The successful applicants will:
- Contribute academic expertise in delivery of undergraduate teaching, and research supervision where appropriate
- Undertake various administrative tasks, responsibilities and other duties including committee work and student advising.
- Participate in and/or contribute to the academic life and operation of the Department.
To be considered for this position, applicants must explicitly address the selection criteria below and attach their response as a document in the on-line application process.
- Demonstrated experience in academic teaching, specifically employment for at least 1 session in an academic role on a casual or fixed-term basis at an Australian university within the last 5 years.
- A demonstrated high level of academic knowledge in Mathematical Sciences and commitment and capability in delivering high quality learning and teaching, including the design, delivery and management of lectures, tutorials, and assessments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work as part of a team to contribute to the smooth operation of the Department.
- A strong track record of contribution to administration in a University or professional setting.
- Active enrolment in, or completion of a PhD in a relevant field
Salary Package: From $68,324 - $92,000 (Level A) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Types: 1 x full time, continuing position
Enquiries: Professor Jim Denier on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9850 8956.
For more information and to apply click here.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**