Lecturer in Pure Mathematics
Department of MathematicsClosing date: 12th February 2017
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our Faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Department of Mathematics is looking to appoint an outstanding pure mathematician. Applicants with research interests in analysis, category theory and partial differential equations are particularly encouraged.
Your Application must:
- include your résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- explicitly address the selection criteria which are given below
- include your residency status
- include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees
To be considered for this position applications must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process.
- A PhD or equivalent in an area of Pure Mathematics
- Demonstrated research ability that extends and supports the Department's research interests in pure mathematics
- A strong record of research achievements as evidenced by high quality publications
- The ability to supervise postgraduate students
- Clear and effective English communication skills
- The capacity to teach across a wide range of courses similar to those offered by the Department
- The ability to contribute to a collegial environment in furthering the goals of the Department
- The potential to act as an advocate for the Department and the discipline both within the University and also to external groups
- The potential to attract research students and competitive research funding
- Substantial experience of lecturing large classes and service classes
- A genuine commitment to the development and delivery of innovative teaching of mathematics
Salary Package: From $96,970 to $114,732 per annum (Level B) plus 17% employer superannuation contribution and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed-term (4 years). This position is available from 30th March 2017.
Enquiries: Professor Jim Denier on email@example.com or +61 2 9850 8956.
For more information and to apply click here.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**