Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Statistics (2 positions)
The School of Mathematics and StatisticsClosing date: 11th April 2016
The School of Mathematics and Statistics is the largest in Australia and a major centre of research in the mathematical sciences. The School has notable strengths in fundamental research right through to cutting edge applications.
The Department of Statistics within the School is seeking appointments at a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level. The Department's current research strengths are in Bayesian Statistics, Biostatistics, Financial Mathematics, Nonparametrics and Stochastic Analysis. Applicants who can strengthen or complement these areas of expertise are welcome to apply.
About the roles
- A$98K - A$137K per year (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- 1 fixed-term position for 3 years
- 1 convertible tenure track position (5 years)
- Full-time positions
Applicants should have
- PhD or equivalent qualification in Statistics, Probability and Stochastic Processes, or related area
- Evidence of effective teaching experience
- Strong publication record in internationally refereed journals
- A capacity to continue productive research at the international level
- Strong commitment to independent research and research leadership
- Additional criteria apply for the Senior Lecturer (Level C) position, please refer to the selection criteria in the position description.
Applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to these roles. Applications should be made on-line and should systematically address the selection criteria in their applications and clearly indicate which level you are applying for. Women and people from EEO groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Having read the documentation, you may then direct any enquiries to either:
Professor Bruce Henry
Associate Professor Spiridon Penev
Email to S.Penev@unsw.edu.au.
For more information and to apply, click here.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**