Research Officer (Level A)
La Trobe University
Department of Mathematics and StatisticsClosing date: 13th March 2016
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2013), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
In this role
Be involved in high quality research, data analysis and mathematical/numerical modelling work on a discovery project 'New Methods in Theory and Cosmic Applications of Spherical Random Fields'. Participate in professional activities including presentations at conferences and seminars and attend meetings associated with research. Contribute to the development of techniques, models and methods by acquiring and interpreting research data and results.
To succeed, you will possess:
- A PhD in Probability, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or a related field and evidence of participation in higher level study relevant to discipline or professional area
- Strong statistical/mathematical background and research experience in advanced data analysis or mathematical/numerical modelling
- A record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of team
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and self-management skills
For more information and to apply, click here.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**