University of Western Australia
The Centre for the Mathematics of Symmetry and ComputationClosing date: 19th February 2016
The Centre for the Mathematics of Symmetry and Computation (CMSC) is a UWA centre dedicated to research in algebra and combinatorics located with the School of Mathematics and Statistics. The CMSC has world class researchers, particularly in permutation group theory, computational group theory, algebraic graph theory, matroid theory, finite geometry and related topics. With a weekly seminar, annual research retreat, numerous international visitors and a collaborative atmosphere, the CMSC provides a vibrant and stimulating research environment.
This position is funded by the ARC Discovery Project Grant "Symmetries of finite digraphs". The successful applicant will conduct research in the specific problems in permutation groups and graph symmetry proposed in the project.
The main theme of these problems is to develop theories for the symmetries of digraphs that are analogous to well-known results about graphs.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD (or near completion) in a relevant field
- Research background in permutation groups or graph symmetry
- A strong ability in at least one of the following research areas: group theory, group actions, graph symmetries
- Strong research publication record relative to applicant's experience
- Supervision or mentoring of honours or PhD students (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a group
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to perform research administration tasks
For more information and to apply, click here.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**