Casual Graduate Research Statistician
The Rural Clinical SchoolClosing date: 15th February 2016
Are you a quantitative grad student or recent graduate interested in some part time casual work ?
The Rural Clinical School (RCS) is seeking expressions of interest from masters level graduates with formal training in statistics. Experience in data analytics / data science / advanced statistical models and interested in clinical research is preferred. A solid undergraduate background with a major in statistics, mathematics or other quantitative major and available 1 day per week is requirement. The position may suit a PhD student or a recent masters or PhD graduate seeking part time work. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills.
The statistical researcher would assist the Director of Research with his research program and provide statistical input for student programs and other research projects. Intellectual contributions resulting in scientific papers would encompass co-authorship.
The ideal candidate will have a broad skill base in advanced statistical methods including Bayesian statistical modelling. The candidate should have sufficient skills to handle very large data set manipulation independently and excellent attention to detail. They should be able to review students statistical outputs e.g. review statistical methods and outputs prior to publication. An ability to introduce new skills to the team is for example machine learning, network analysis, health economic models etc. is preferred.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to interact with non-quantitative researchers to produce quantitative outputs
- Ability to write up statistical methods and results sections for papers based on your analysis and statistical methods
- A background in Bayesian statistical modelling and epidemiological models
- Ability to manipulate large data sets and data bases
- Ability to perform decision tree analysis
- A quantitative major at undergraduate level
- An interest in medical research
This is a casual position and will be paid at the UNSW casual rate of $54.12 p/h
Expressions of Interest
Please send your CV to email@example.com by Monday 15th February
Previous applicants need not apply
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**